Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 84

Hello Friends and Family!

Good gravy it is busy! I'm grateful that there is so much to do in this area. At first I was a bit nervous because the area is so small, but there are definitely people who are prepared to hear the gospel. The beginning of the week I felt more like an office missionary because Elder Snow and I were always in the mission office working out logistics for transfers. Monday we picked up the departing missionaries and Tuesday morning we sent them home. That afternoon we picked up 4 new sisters from the MTC and introduced them to the mission. Wednesday was busy with Training meetings and driving to and from Greenville NC. On Thursday we skipped weekly planning and had a meeting with President Weed about the upcoming MLC and Zone Conferences. Since Thursday we hopped back into "regular missionary" schedule. This week we have 2 exchanges set up and several appointments with the people we teach. 
 
As far as missionary work goes this area is on fire. I guess that's what happens when there is a long history of excellent missionaries that have served here. Members are inviting their friends, a family is progressing towards baptism and we are working with several recent converts. I also see the Ward Council diligently reaching out to those who are struggling. 

I'm a bit nervous for how quickly I have to learn this area. Elder Snow goes home at the end of this transfer. Normally when you take over an area you have ample time to learn the members and your investigators. Now I have to keep track of all the missionaries... Members+Non-Members+Missionaries = a whole lot of headache to memorize. Its fun though. I actually really enjoy the quick pace. 

Yesterday we ran into some former investigators that seemed excited to have us come back. They look like a nice family. I heard that they used to feed the missionaries but for what ever reason they were never baptized. Actually, I hear that there are many former investigators that used to frequently feed the missionaries but chose not to get baptized. 

I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I am so grateful I get to be out hear sharing the gospel. 

Love y'all
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment