Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 20! :)

Hello  Friends and Family!!!

This week has been absolutely incredible! We met so many new people this week and, to put the cherry on top of the ice cream, we ended it with General Conference. I am so thankful for my opportunity to watch General Conference from a missionaries perspective. I have gained huge amounts of respect for the leaders of the church. Conference was literally the best 10 hours I have had in a very long time. The spirit was burning in my chest. We also found 5 new investigators this week, several who are legitimately investigating the church.
You know what makes my day as a missionary??? When I start talking to somebody and they say "I know a Mormon, he/she is a phenomenal person. I have a lot of respect for them." Whenever I here this I send silent prayers of gratitude. I remembered a funny joke about pilots the other day. It goes, "How do you know if a person is a pilot?..... He will tell you." It is my dream that in the future people will change this joke by replacing the word pilot with Mormon. As the world becomes darker our consistent light burns brighter. PLEASE let people know why.

 
Things I learned: 
  • Do what your told, and then a little extra: Being on the side that is always asking people to do things, It really means a lot when someone actually follows through with what they say they are going to do. It is so frustrating when people don't keep their commitments it makes me want to keep all of mine and more. As I was reading the scriptures I was looking through the footnotes and saw a reference to trustworthiness. I then started pondering how we need to gain trust with God. If we want to be an instrument in the Lords hand we need to prove ourselves willing to work and keeping our commitments to Him. As we strive to do this we will see our lives change and we will see His hand in our life.
  • Obedience to gospel principles is the only way to learn of their truth. I forget exactly where it is, but in D&C there is a scripture that states obedience brings light and truth. A couple verses later, it said that disobedience removes light and truth. This is why it is so critical that we remain temple worthy so we can always qualify for the confirming witness and further knowledge about Gods eternal plan for us. 
  • Stop planning and start doing: I have been a strong believer in this phrase and now I have a general conference talk (by Elder Arnold) to back it up. Please watch this!
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SU_3-4-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment