Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 24

Hello Friends and Family,

We had a pretty good week this week. Like normal, we had lots of appointments fall through, but we also had lots of lessons. We found a new family to teach, and without us asking they told us about the spirit they feel as soon as we enter their home. They are incredibly curious and want to learn more. 
 
Things I learned:
  • On exchanges Elder King and I listened to a talk about the Atonement. After listening to that 30 min talk, my knowledge and respect for the Atonement and Jesus Christ exploded out of my head. All of my worries and concerns were washed away because of their insignificance, then I felt an incredible urge to go out and share the gospel. After sharing the restoration and first vision 100,000 times, I frequently forget that my first responsibility is to testify of Jesus Christ, then teach how his gospel is restored. 
  • Revelation comes from church. I don't know why, but one of the people we were working with went to church! We were shocked when we saw him there. Every testimony, and class discussion related to his needs. It amazes me how the spirit picked people out of the congregation to bear testimony. Also, when ever I come to church with a question, I get an answer. 
Also, Some cool family history to do is go to https://speeches.byu.edu/speaker/legrand-richards/
His talks will blow your mind :)

I love yall,
-Elder Shill
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment