Friday, May 27, 2016

Week 27 :)

Hello Friends and Family,

This has been a pretty good week this week. Once again we taught several great lessons and had the opportunity to  use the Priesthood. There is no way to explain the power that comes from a priesthood blessing. Giving a blessing is an unreal and sacred experience. The room is filled with love in a way I cannot explain. Complete peace is present. I am so grateful to be a bearer of His Holy Priesthood to help bless other peoples lives. After experiencing giving a priesthood blessing, there is no way I can doubt the validity of this Church. It is The Church of Jesus Christ. 
 
Today we went to Cape Lookout on Harker's Island. It was so refreshing to be near the water and ride on a boat for a little while. I didn't realize how much I missed the water. We were able to explore the island a little bit and visit the lighthouse that is the symbol for our mission. We also saw the Atlantic Ocean, which was pretty neat. We weren't able to get in the water, which was disappointing, but it was still fun to play on sand.  Not many missionaries have the opportunity to do that and I am grateful I was able to go. 

Things I learned:
- Coming to church is an act of faith and is a revelatory experience... if you let it. When ever somebody comes to church expecting help in answering a question, they get an answer. When they come willingly because they are forced to, then their heart is too hard to let the spirit into their life. I see this frequently. 

- The Book of Mormon is true. Of course I knew this before I came out on my mission, but this week I finished it for the second time. I decided to accept Moroni's Challenge and I asked to feel what an investigator might feel. I sat and waited for a while, but nothing seemed to come. Then, as I was laying in bed pondering about The Book of Mormon my heart started burning. It burned for several minutes and all I could feel was peace. The moment my thoughts slipped off of the Book of Mormon, that feeling subsided; however, the moment my thoughts returned the peace came back. Asking was a first action of faith. Pondering was a second. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it is scripture from God.

I Love Ya'll,
Elder Shill

P.S. I apologize for not responding to everyone's email today. We are running very low on time. 
 












 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment