Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 38

Hello Friends and Family,
This has been a great week! We had another mini-missionary with us so we saw lots of miracles. I love mini-mission weeks because you get to experience an entire mission in one week. All the success, and all the disappointments. Its interesting to see it all in such a short period of time. We were able to teach a lot of lessons last week, which was a nice tender mercy.

We are teaching this one guy who used to be a professional boxer, which is super neat. He asks lots of good questions and is a little familiar with Mormonism because he used to work in Salt Lake. It has been really neat teaching him simple truths. 

What I learned:
- I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 this week and I came across the phase "perfect faith" in verse 23. Even though I had read this verse probably one hundred times, this time that phrase jumped out and I started pondering what is the difference between faith and perfect faith. I learned that perfect faith means that your actions are in complete accordance with your beliefs. 

- I love memorizing scriptures: During lessons I can feel my thoughts guided more as scriptures come more frequently to my head. The more I learn, the more I know that this church is absolutely true.

I love yall,
-Elder Shill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment