Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 37

Hello Friends and Family!

This week has been an incredible week! We were able to visit lots of people this week, which was great, and get back in contact with some previous investigators! I am learning pretty quickly that 90% of missionary work is just following up with people and coordinating schedules. Once you are actually able to meet together, then missionary work is easy because the Holy Ghost does it all. 

We had our first set of interviews with President Weed. It was really fun to get to know him a little bit better. I am excited to work under him throughout my mission. 

This week we are getting another mini-missionary, which I am so excited for. Last time we saw tons of miracles so I expect greatness this coming week.

This week I learned:
  • Don't put a crock pot on the stove.... It will crack....
  • Memorizing scriptures really does help your memory. Over the past week I have memorized a verse of scripture a day. The first day it took me well over 20 min, but by the end of the week I could memorize a scripture in less than 15 minutes. 
  • Personal Revelation is real. There were a couple time this week, I just didn't know what to do, so I knelt in prayer and asked God. The answers I received were simple and were exactly what needed to be done.

I love y'all! Have a great week this week!

-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment