Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 59

Happy New Years!
 
Another year has come and gone, and I can honestly say that this has been the best year of my life. I have never experienced so much continuous joy.  I literally can not think of a bad thing that happened the entire year. I am grateful for everything that I have learned and experienced this past mission. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to help a couple people enter the waters of baptism and become active in the church. I am grateful for the increase of the spirit I have felt. I am grateful for the friendships I have been able to start. 

This past week has been incredible. You know that moment when you are certain you are feeling the spirit confirming your testimony. Yup, that is the greatest feeling in the world. I love teaching the gospel. I love watching it "click" in people's heads. A couple days ago, we were teaching a lady who happened to be a former investigator from about 16 years ago. The lesson was going abnormally well (which is a great thing). Throughout the lesson, we could feel the spirit and we knew that she was one of the elect. As I was teaching, Elder Vranes heeded the spirit's prompting to invite her to be baptized. She responded with an optimistic tone, "I might :)" Instantly the spirit ran into our hearts. We each felt the burning in our bosom. Recognizing the perfect opportunity to teach her about the spirit, we asked her, "Did you feel that?" She quietly said,"Feel what?.. When I said maybe?" She had felt the witness from the Holy Ghost that our message was true. We have not been able to see her yet, but we have a return appointment for tomorrow. 

New Years Eve was pretty fun as well. We started the night by going to the Fireman museum and eating dinner with Bro. Basden. He was a former Fire Chief so he told us some neat stories. My favorite thing in the museum is a historic fire-extinguisher that you would hang from the ceiling. It used a chemical called Carbon Tetra-chloride, which was later used in chemical warfare. Since we weren't allowed to proselyte we went to Spanish's apartment and played board games. At 9 we went to our apartment, planned for the next day and then went to sleep. I think I was in bed by 10. 
 
Happy New Years!!!!
-Elder Shill


No comments:

Post a Comment