Friday, June 3, 2016

Week 28

Hello Friends and Family,

This week has been great week. We were able to teach tons of lessons this week! Hour by hour, I feel like nothing productive is happening and then at the end of the day I am shocked by what we accomplished. At the end of the week, I'm just really confused on how we got so much done. I love being able to report my day in my nightly prayers. I'm just blown away by how quickly time is flying. I feel like I just got out of the MTC.

So we received transfer calls on Saturday. Elder Tebbs and I will be staying in Greenville, which means I will be killing Elder Tebbs (I will be his last companion)! I really enjoy killing companions. I get to watch them ride the emotional roller coaster between wanting to stay and wanting to get home. I can tell this is going to be a fun transfer.

Things I learned this week: 
- I love presenting... We were invited into a home so we could share our message. All of the couches were full so Elder Berry (we were on exchanges) and I stood in the middle of the room and did a pretty good job taking control of the stage. It was really fun telling the story of Joseph Smith and how he saw and talked with God, our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ. As LeGrand Richards says, "If you learn to tell our story right, there is no room for argument." 
- The hardest part about missionary work is scheduling appointments: Not only do we have to schedule appointments with our investigators, who frequently flake, but we also have to schedule members to come out with us. 

I love y'all,
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment