Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 29

Hello Friends and Family!

This week has been an amazing week. While we didn't teach as many lessons, we found some amazing new people to teach; golden contacts if you will. I know that this church is true because I see every single person who experiments upon the word achieve the same results. Whenever somebody sincerely prays to know if the Book of Mormon is true they get an answer. Whenever people sincerely starts consistently reading the Book of Mormon their life improves. Whenever people regularly come to church they receive an extra boost of spiritual upliftment that helps them continue throughout the week. Whenever somebody approaches general conference with a question, they get an answer. 

We recently ran into an Atheist. We talked to him and invited him to read the Book of Mormon, but he declined claiming that it was a waist of time because God did not exist. Walking back to our car, Elder Tebbs and I just marveled about how someone could not believe in God. We started to realize how much God had been in our lives and how we knew he existed even though we had not seen him. It is so apparent to us that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He sent His son Jesus Christ to pay for the sins of the world so we can live with God again. I am grateful for this knowledge that I have and I am more grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. 

Lessons I learned this week:
- The Lord really wants His children to know what church to join. If we pray and ask in complete sincerity we will get an answer. We had three people pray this week, and they received their answer. 
 
- The Holy Ghost helps us learn how we can improve our selves. I re-listened to a talk about "What Lack I Yet". I decided to pray and ask God how I can improve and the message was pretty clear that I need to be more humble and more loving. I had never thought about doing comp inventory with the Lord, but it works incredibly well. I now have a new opportunity to watch the Lord change a weakness into a strength. 

I love y'all,
-Elder Shill
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment