Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 30!

Hello Friends and Family!

This week has been pretty good. We were able to get in touch with some investigators that had almost dropped off of the face of the earth. We were able to teach them about temples and family history and it blew their minds. They said that it answered so many questions they had. It is so fun explaining doctrines that no one has heard of right out of their Bible! Temples and Family History is my favorite lesson to teach because of how obvious it is, how many questions it answers and watching peoples reaction to hearing it.
 
What I learned:
  • I had the incredible opportunity to go home teaching with our stake president. That was an incredible experience. After we shared the lesson he sat us down and asked us how well we discerned the situation. I thought I had done a pretty good job, and then President started telling us what he noticed. I felt like I was listening to Sherlock Holmes. As he explained what he saw it became apparent to me that he was seeing far below the surface layer of people. I learned what it meant to teach to people's needs and concerns. Those who hold keys and exercise them in righteousness are definitely inspired men. 
  • We also had the opportunity to give another blessing to a member at the Hospital. What really touched me about this blessing was the comment made by the wife of this unconscious man. She said, "Don't worry honey, the Elders of Israel are here." I frequently forget who I am. I am an Elder of Israel. I am one who represents the Lord Jesus Christ. The authority of my calling is greater than I realize. But she realized it. And I am so thankful that she helped me remember. 

-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment