Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 57

Hello Friends and Family!
 
This has been another great week. We picked up a couple new investigators which was awesome. We also got a couple more potential investigators. One of them is a lady who helps take care of our investigators. She has been listening in for a while. To help our investigator out, we are having her read the Book of Mormon to him. She seems to like it so far. 

Acting in faith is almost becoming a game to me. Right before a lesson I start looking for ways I can act in faith and therefore more completely qualify for the Gift of the Holy Ghost. For example, if there is someone standing out side, I talk to them before we knock on our appointment's door. I have seen a huge difference in the power of the spirit during the lessons. Also, to help "pray always lest [I] fall into temptations" I set a goal to say a quick prayer every time I look at my watch. I am now praying many times an hour and I feel a clear connection with Heavenly Father. 

One time this week, I was driving when I randomly thought about an investigator who lived near by. Without even second guessing, I drove strait to her house without the aid of the GPS. She is a truck driver and is out of town most of the time. She was home, but was asleep; however her son was home and we taught him a quick lesson. 

On exchanges this week we introduced the Book of Mormon to one of our investigators. We did not have a ton of time. So we did a 5 min introduction. We essentially walked in, left a spiritual bomb, and then left. It was incredible to feel the spirit confirm our witness on the validity of the Book of Mormon. 

Another time we talked to this lady we work with at a thrift shop. We showed her the Christmas video, the spirit came, and she almost started crying. She told us that her grandpa was Mormon and she wanted to go find his old copy of the Book of Mormon. 

Bothers and Sisters, I know that this church is the only true and living church. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know these things because the spirit of God has born witness to me that they are true. I am apart of to many miracles to say otherwise. I invite each of you to find a way to act in faith and strengthen your relationship with God. Prayers, when coupled with faith, are always answered.

-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment