Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 63

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been an incredible week. Transfers are coming up this week and I think I might be leaving. We will find out officially on Saturday. I love this area and all of the people here. I have had so many fun experiences! For P-day today we went to Greenville(my last area) to play football and go bowling. I was amazed at all of the memories that flooded back to my me as I saw a house, recognized a corner, or reminisced about the people. There is no doubt that the people I meet and places I visit will forever hold a special place in my heart. 

We went out biking again this week. I think the bike is 1000% better than a car for missionary work. It is so much easier to talk to people. We throw our bikes on the back of our car and drive 15 miles out and spend the day biking and talking to everyone we see. Unfortunately there were 30-40 mph winds the day, but that didn't stop us. Our quads were killing us by the end of the day. One of the neighbors of our investigator was out in their yard picking up insulation that had blown all over. We spent the next hour picking it up.

We were able to get into a lot of less active families homes this week! One of our appointments fell through so we were stuck with a member for another hour until our next appointment. Luckily we had done our planning. The first couple houses didn't open up. The last backup we had lived out in the middle of the boonies. With nothing better to do, so we made the long haul to their house. Around 8pm we finally arrived and carefully knocked on their door. Visitors at that time of night and in such a secluded area is pretty uncommon. The husband was so relived when he realized it was just us( Apparently there had been some robberies a couple weeks ago). He warmly let us in and we shared the Restoration with him and his wife, who is a non member. They both seemed interested!

There is also another family that we have been trying to visit most of my stay here in Kinston. Finally we were able to visit their home and we were able to bring a member of the Ward Counsel with us.  

Our progressing investigator wasn't able to come to church this week, but we did see her after church. I planned on teaching the Word of Wisdom, but as we were following up with her commitments the conversation shifted to Home teaching. The spirit brought back scriptures the explain the doctrine and then we explained how it works. She was amazed by it! 

I love ya'll,
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment