Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 67

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been a pretty good week. We have continued to stay on our bicycles because we are still out of miles. Nevertheless, the work moves on and we managed to find a couple of new investigators. I am pretty excited. The work is starting to pick up which I am grateful for. Instead of doing hours of trackting we have been trying to set up more Active Member lessons. It has been really neat watching the spirit of missionary work enter into people's lives. I love it. 

As for my studies this week, I had this urge to accept a challenge from President Baker. He used to be Methodist and so he grew up believing in the trinity, which he never understood. In one of his stake conference talks he invited the stake to read through the New Testament marking all the verses that could denote a Trinity in one color and all the verses that could denote three distinct personages in the Godhead in another color. Being up for a good challenge, I began reading through the New Testament. In 4 days I am half way through Mark and It is obvious that Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Ghost are 3 distinct personages. Out of the 30+ verses I highlighted, only 3 could I rationalize to support a trinity. The remainder support the Godhead as three distinct members. I am quite excited to finish this study.
 
We were able to go on exchanges with the APs, which was really fun. Since there were 3 of us and a youth came out with us, we went on splits while on exchanges. We were able to teach several lessons that night and then we participated in Family Home evening with a member. It was a lot of fun.
 
Zone Conference was also this week. It was about chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel. President Weed is trying to pass have all the older missionaries pass on their institutional memory. It was kind of weird being on the giving side of knowledge instead of the receiving side. President Weed also showed us a fantastic presentation about unfulfilled prophecies in the New Testament. He explained that for centuries people have been confused by why many of Christ's prophecies seemed to never come about. Especially Him establishing his Kingdom on the earth within his generation. He then explained that this prophecy was later fulfilled by Christ's visitation to the people in America where he established his Kingdom and the people lived in an extremely righteous manner. I wish I knew more of the details, but if you want to learn more there is a beautiful report called "Saving Christianity" written by a lady in North Carolina. 

I know that this church is true!
-Elder Shill
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment