Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 70 :)

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been a fantastic week! I love being here in New Bern. 
 
We have seen many tender mercies this past week. Since Elder Collier and I reinvented tracking last week, we have created a new finding activity called "retracting". It works just like it sounds. We retract the streets we have already knocked, but hit only the houses that didn't answer. I don't know why we have more success doing this, but we do. Even the people we already talked to seem to talk to us again. On Monday we had an appointment scheduled with a potential who lived quite a ways away and we were pretty sure they were going to flake their appointment. Since we only have a very limited amount of miles and the number they gave us was wrong, we almost didn't go. When we showed up for the appointment they were not home. We decided to retract the street and found 2 more potentials. One of them is incredibly solid and we gave her a Book of Mormon. When we called to follow up on her reading she actually had read and had questions. We are so excited to start teaching her. 
 
We were also able to work in a distant part of are area called Maysville. It is a smaller town we can easily bike. We didn't find any outstanding potentials there, but it was good for us to get to a place the missionaries rarely go. 
 
We also did a musical number in sacrament meeting. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty good. Elder Collier sang, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I played an arrangement for it. I was shocked at how quickly I was able to learn all 7 pages of the song. The Lord definitely wanted us to preform it. 
 
Life is great! Thank you for all of your love and support. 
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment