Friday, September 2, 2016

Week 40! Transfer to Kinston, NC

Hello Friends and Family!!!

After 6 months of service in Greenville NC I am being transferred about 40 min away to Kinston. I am so excited to serve there and to get to know the people.  I absolutely loved Greenville and I am going to miss it a lot. 

This week has been an incredible week. We had a lot of little tender mercies this week. One of my favorites was during a lesson with an investigator. In the middle of the lessons he jumps off topic and says, "So... if I wanted to get baptized, how would I do that?" It is amazing how quickly my mood changed, and enthusiasm rushed into my soul. So, we set him with a baptismal date on the 10th of September. Unfortunately I wont be able to be there, but at least he is getting baptized.

We also went to the General Stake Priesthood session, which was absolutely incredible. It was about strengthening the family, in particular the Fathers.

Things I learned this week:
- I love learning a way the Holy Ghost has influenced me in the past: On the way the to the Priesthood session I had the opportunity to ride with the stake Patriarch. During the ride we started talking about how the Holy Ghost works and he gave me some good insight about how it prepares people for things. As soon as I understood the principle, about 20 experiences I have had flashed before my eyes allowing me to see how the Holy Ghost had worked with me. It was really neat building that connection. 

I am so grateful to be apart of this church. I know with out a doubt, that it is the only true church on the face of the earth. 

I love y'all
-Elder Shill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment