Friday, September 2, 2016

Week 41

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been a crazy week! I got transferred to the Kinston North Carolina Ward, which is such a fantastic place. The members here are absolutely incredible and the work is going really well. My new companion is Elder Davis and he is from Vernal UT. He is an absolutely incredible missionary and there is so much I can learn from him. I honestly cant describe how excited I am to be down here. 
 
I feel pretty bad for the missionary I replaced because I walked into his Baptism. Jack was baptized on Saturday and then on Sunday he was confirmed a member of the church. He is incredible smart and already knows quite a bit about the gospel. We watched Elder Holland testimony of the Book of Mormon and Christ's baptism and there was a special spirit in the room. I know that Jack made the correct decision to be baptized. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing someone gain a testimony of the Gospel.

Things I learned:
- A little practice goes a long way: On Sunday I was randomly assigned to be the teacher in gospel principles in a completely new area and having no clue what the lesson was even on. However, since I had been teaching every day for the past 9 month I felt completely prepared. The lesson, which was on missionary work, turned out pretty well :)

- As soon as you think you have figured everything out, the Lord puts you into a foreign environment so you can keep learning. 

I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith really did see God and Jesus Christ. I know that each principle in the gospel brings numerous blessings if we live them.

I love yall
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment