Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week 51 Visit from Elder and Sister Bennett

Hello Friends and Family!
 
This week has been another incredible week! Randall K. Bennett of the Seventy came and toured our mission. It was such a blessing to have him come and teach us how to become better missionaries. I learned so much and I realized how much work I still needed to do. The meeting with him started at 9:45 when he stood up and ended at 5:00 when he sat down. There were no notes and no breaks. He just preached by the spirit for 7 hours straight. My mind was absolutely blown away. I hope that someday I will be able to give sermons like that. 
 
There are two main things I learned from the meeting. First, our purpose as missionaries is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel..." Most of the time missionaries - and members- focus on the invite part. Missionaries have the invite part down. We understand that everything starts with the invitation. What we don't understand is the "help" part. In the meeting we were asked to help the investigators keep their commitments in any way shape or form we could. Now that I include the help aspect more fully I have noticed more commitments are being kept! Just after a couple of days our ward had an entire Less Active family come to church and another less active man decided to make some positive changes in his life! I cannot describe how miraculous that was. This was the training we needed to raise our mission to the next level. I am so excited for where this mission is going. 

I love ya'll,
-Elder Shill





 

No comments:

Post a Comment