Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 52 **ONE YEAR DOWN, ONE TO GO!**

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been another amazing week. We got our transfer calls on Saturday. Unfortunately Elder Davis is going to go to Albemarle. I have absolutely loved being his companion and learning from his example. My new companion will be fresh out of the MTC so I will be training him. That means that I will probably be in Kinston for 3 more months. I am super excited to train. I have a feeling that this is going to be a grand 12 weeks! 
 
Miracles:
- I don't know exactly what has changed the past week, but missionary work exploded in this district. Almost every companionship hit the standard of excellence in lessons and the only one that didn't beat the rest of the district in getting  investigators to sacrament meeting. The work is blossoming and I hope that it continues to grow. 
 
- This week I went to the Woodington area for exchanges and we had some neat experiences. One of my favorite parts about being a missionary is watching people feel the spirit. One time, after Elder Horton and I had born our testimonies of Jesus Christ, this man with some surprise on his face commented that "we work really well together". Because I felt the Spirit, I know that he felt it too. He then quickly ran out of the room to grab us some deer meat. 
 
- If you didn't know, missionaries always pray before they plan out their day. That being said we wrote down a bunch of names that we just wanted to stop by. As we were going about our plans we weren't having much success. Right before lunch we stopped by this house and a lady immediately answered the door. Without us saying a word she inquired if her mother sent us or God. It brought joy to my heart to tell her that God sent us because we had had no contact with her mother. She then started spewing the decades of research and questions she had about religion onto us. After taking a breath she then started validating the Book of Mormon just from biblical prophecies (and she's not a member). 
I love yall,
-Elder Shill

Answers to my questions of:
1) What are the top 5 most important lessons you've learned this year?
2) What are your goals for this next year?
3) What advice do you have for us?


Elder Shill's Responses:

5 Most important things:
1) Jesus Christ really is the Savior of the world and his gospel is the only way to have peace in this life and joy in the life to come. 
2) One of my most important jobs is to help people feel the spirit. 
3) Obedience brings blessings.
4) You have to Love the people
5) Make sure you know how to cook. 

Goals for this year:
1) Fearlessly talk to everyone. 

Advice:
Learn to love the scriptures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment