Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Week 72

Hello Friends and Family!

This has been another great week! Finally the long awaited General Conference arrived. We have been telling everyone we can about it. On Thursday, we went on a General Conference blitz where we invited every person we had recently talked too to Conference. There were so many inspiring talks. I have found myself more deeply committed to Jesus Christ and his gospel. I am grateful for the 10 hours of counsel and self reflection. I absolutely loved watching general conference. As a mission, we focused on finding the invitations and promises extended from each talk. I was amazed at how many promises are in store if we obey the counsel given by the prophets. Most of the session we watched at the church, but for the Sunday evening session we watched it at a members house. 
 
Friday night the we were able to watch the Easter video. If you have not watched it, please do! After browsing a couple of the principles of peace we had a huge desire to go share the video with everyone. We hopped in the car and drove to the downtown area of New Bern and started talking with everyone on the side walks. We were handing cards out like they were candy! Every person we saw we gave a card. At the end of the night, as we were walking back to the car, Elder Collier approached a younger couple and gave them a card. Turns out, they were former investigators from a couple months ago that lost contact with the missionaries. They also said they would love for us to come back over so we could keep teaching them. Miracles :)

I am so grateful for the many blessing that I have. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and serve Him.

Love y'all,
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment