Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 32

Hello Friends and Family!!!

This has been an incredible week. We had the amazing opportunity to have Brother Westover spend the week with us as a mini-missionary. In other words, this week was loaded with miracles. We taught so many lessons and had 5 people at sacrament meeting! That is more than we have had in this area in a very long time. Everyone was shocked. We are working with some great people right now. I learned so many new things this week.

Also, President and Sister Baker have finished there missions. They are now released from the stressful mantel and that mantel has been confirmed upon President Weed. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve under President Baker. I have learned so many lessons from him by both what he said and the example he set. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve under President Weed. I anticipate learning a lot from him as well. 

Things I learned: 
  • There is nothing better than pure humble testimony to bring the spirit. If you truly believe, then no matter how weak your words may sound, through the help of the spirit they can become exceedingly powerful. Bro. Westover was a perfect example of bearing simple powerful testimonies. His inexperience in the mission field was definitely a strength that blessed many peoples lives. D&C 4:3
  • Revelation is real. I finished my first study journal and for the past week I have been reviewing all of my notes. I am honestly amazed by some of the things I have written down. There are little tiny pieces of treasure.
  • Along with the last one, keep a study journal and write the thoughts and impressions you receive as you study the scriptures. It is amazing looking back to see what you learn from the spirit. 
I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that Jesus Christ is the savior and redeemer of the world. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this knowledge with others. I know that I am called of God to share what I know. 

I love yall,
-Elder Shill
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment