This week has been another amazing week. This is the last week of the transfer so this week is going to be incredibly hectic. Elder Tebbs is dying (completing his mission and going home) and I will figure out who my next companion will be on Saturday. President Weed is officially in charge and holds the keys for the gathering of Israel in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission. We were able to meet him on Friday and I have complete trust in his capabilities to run this mission.
Miracles that happened this week:
- Right place at the right time: Tuesday we had an incredible day where we ran into soo many people that we felt like God was preparing to receive the gospel. My favorite was when we knocked on a door and 1/2 a second latter it opens. The guy inside goes, " Man! We were just talking about y'all!" We had a nice discussion with them about the gospel and what we believe. We also ran into people who had many Mormon friends and had us give them a shout-out. This week we could really see the lord planting us in places to help bless His children
- About 3 months ago we ran into the woman (there is a cool story here) and taught her a lesson, but then we never saw her after that. This week we twice we were trying to stop by her neighbor, who wasn't home, and she was out with a friend. The first time we saw them, we had an amazing lesson and each wanted to learn more so we exchanged numbers. The second time we stopped by she said, "We were just about to call yall. This must be God that brought you here."
- On exchanges, (There is always a miracle on exchange) accidentally tracked into an inactive member who is about to have is first child. Apparently a couple of members have been randomly reaching out to him and when we showed up he said that this must be his sign from God.
- Two of our investigators that came to church last week came this week AND they brought their entire family! They all really enjoyed church!
Things I learned:
- Prophecy is sweet. Recently I have been going through a bunch of Isaiah's and other prophets prophecies trying to find the ones that have already been fulfilled and there is a lot. One of my favorite chapters is Ezekiel 37 because it references the Book of Mormon, Utah, World Wide Missionary Work, and Temples. It blows my mind.
- I was reading several parables the savior gave and the one that stood out to me was the parable to the Talents. I realized that each talent could be a piece of testimony. He who acts on faith and uses his talent will receive an increased return. In other words, he who tries to build his testimony will gain a stronger testimony. But for those who bury there talents end up loosing them in the end.
- I have been listening to Elder Eyring's opening talk from General Conference. In it he quotes D&C 88:62-63 which says “Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”. I know this is a true principle and as you seek Christ when you know he is near you will feel the Spirit more strongly.
I know that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world. I know that He lives and that He loves us all. I know that in 1820 he appeared to Joseph Smith and called him to be a prophet. Through Joseph Smith the original church of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and if you read it and ask God with real intent if it is true, He will manifest the truth of it unto you.
Hope y'all have a great rest of the week,