Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week 34

Hello Friends and Family!

This week has been pretty great! Elder Tebbs is officially on his way home, which is crazy. It feels like yesterday I walked off the plane and now I am a third of the way done with my mission. My new companion is going to be Elder Hansen and I will be staying in Greenville NC. I am super excited to get to know him this next transfer and continue working with the ward here. 

The 4th of July was pretty fun. We went to a members pool party (we didnt get in the pool though) and had lunch with them. Afterwards we had a district p-day where we played sports for hours. That night we parked just in time to watch the finally for the firework display.

Lessons Learned this week:
- The Lord teaches us line upon line and precept upon precept. I absolutely love re-reading my study journal and finding the hidden treasures of knowledge that the Lord has given me. I refer to my study journal almost as often as I refer to Preach My Gospel. 

- Revelations is real. It is how we develop an everlasting conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God speaks to all of his children and he wants the best for them. We should all regularly be reading and praying about the Book of Mormon to strengthen our testimony. 

- Keeping the Sabbath Day holy and partaking of the sacrament is how we help ourselves accomplish the goal we set in the pre-mortal world to master ourselves and become like God. 

I love yall. Sorry for the short letter,
-Elder Shill

No comments:

Post a Comment