Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week 35

Hello Friends and Family!!!

This has been an incredible week. So much has happened the past couple of days. Elder Tebbs has officially finished his mission and now I am serving with Elder Hansen. On Tuesday I was able to serve with Elder Hyman, who is a phenomenal missionary, because his companion went home too. Elder Hansen is ridiculously smart. He is constantly reading something doctrinally heavy. We also seem to teach pretty well together. On top of that, we are surprisingly similar in our interest. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great transfer. 

As LeGrand Richards said, "If you present our story right... and keep the lead... there is no need to argue about anything." This is completely true. With complete confidence I can talk to anyone about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The claim that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ is absolutely incredible! All principles and doctrines in this church were given to us by direct revelation from God and then we use scriptures like the Bible and Book of Mormon to back it up. This is truly a marvelous work and a wonder and I know that it is absolutely true. We are so blessed to have additional scripture, modern apostles, prophets and other ecclesiastical leaders. Temples that once blessed the earth in Biblical times are back on the earth with all the associated priesthood keys for preforming saving ordinances for the living and the dead. Family relationships perpetuate beyond the grave. I testify that this is the Church of Jesus Christ that has been restored as it was prophesied it would be. 

Things I learned this week:
- The temple is literally the House of the Lord. In it the spirit is stronger than any other place on earth. The only place that can compare to the sacredness of the temple is the home. I have noticed this as I walk into members homes, especially the ones that do daily family prayer, scripture study and strive their hardest to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ into their family. The spirit hits me like a wave when I walk in. 

- Righteous Leaders: While reading the Book of Mormon I have learned about how important it is to follow leaders that stand for truth and righteousness.  A strong leader is really what the world needs right now and I am grateful for a living prophet that I can follow in all circumstances.

 
I love yall,
-Elder Shill





 

No comments:

Post a Comment